Saturday 14 August 2010

Pre-Wedding Garden Party - Halloumi Kebabs and Cupcakes!

Just got back from a lovely little garden party! It was all in aid of a friend's upcoming wedding. I donned my new polka dot dress (Primark... £5! Absolute bargain!) some pearls, and a matching polka dot bow in my hair. I had a lovely evening, filled with pimms, gorgeous food, and much laughter! Its great to see and catch up with friends that I just don't see often enough! The weather was brilliant too, very lucky, seeing as it was forecast to rain.


















A lovely little welcome message on the kitchen blackboard.

Anna, Daniella and my younger sister, Fay.

The food was absolutely lovely! All the classic BBQ components, burgers, sausages, chicken legs, jacket potatoes and coleslaw, with some other delights, like ratatouille and some delicious halloumi and vegetable kebabs. It has inspired me to try out a halloumi and portabello mushroom recipe out... yum! My friend's mum also made some lovely cupcakes: (above) vanilla cupcakes with strawberry icing and a fresh strawberry on top, and (below) chocolate cupcake and icing with a caramel heart on top! They were yummy!

1 comment:

Daniella said...

What a lovely account of yesterday, it wouldn't have been the same without you there. xxxxx