Wednesday 27 October 2010

Haircuts - My Loves and Hates!


I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with having to get my hair cut. When I find a place I like (after a lot of searching) I'm pretty loyal. I went along to a hair salon in Leeds today to get my haircut, It wasn't the most amazing haircut I've ever had, but overall a nice experience (due to most of the loves and hates below). My hair felt absolutely amazing after the haircut: super shiny and soft, due to the gorgeous macadamia treatment. However it's not exactly styled as I'd like, I usually have my hair shorter and let it dry naturally as my hair likes to flick out nicely at the bottom - so that it appears as if I've done something to it - and it looks a bit like a Playmobil haircut! :) but the hairdresser today decided to start straightening my hair without asking, and it feels all wrong...



I LOVE...

Having my hair washed with yummy smelling products and the all important head massage! You can't beat it! It's just so relaxing and lovely. Just what I need to set me up for a day of stressful uni work and filling out teaching pool applications! eek!

When the hair dresser remembers exactly how I like my hair. My favourite hair dresser, who I had only visited once before, remember details about my hair 6 months later, I was mightily impressed!

My new haircut, can't wait to wash it and have it just how I like it.
(Lets play the "spot the polka dots" game!)

I HATE...

The fact that my eye-sight is so terrible, I don't wear contact lenses (I can't deal with poking things into my eyeballs... just wrong!) and I have to take my glasses off while my hair is being cut. Which means one of two things happen, I either end up being really annoying and keep stopping the hairdresser to put my glasses on to check what she is doing, or keep my glasses off and only look at the end... by which point my hair could look like anything! Plus, when the whole of my vision is a complete blur it get's pretty boring... I can't even count the tiles on the floor, be nosy in the mirror, etc.

Ok, so this isn't necessarily a HATE, but more of a mild dislike... I dislike feeling like I have to tell the hairdressers my life story, don't get me wrong, I like a little bit of genuine and polite natter, but don't feel like you have to fill every gap of silence with inane ramblings or personal questions.

When I say, I like my hair to flick out, please don't ignore me and blow dry it so it curls under, and then proceed to straighten my hair...


What do you love or hate about visiting your hair salon?

8 comments:

Sara Luxe said...

the bob looks great on you , wish i was so brave !

Nic's Notebook said...

Your hair looks really nice! I did a post recently about my hair cut experience, I hadn't been in about a year as I really don't like going into a new hairdresser - but it all went OK thankfully! I must say I like the head massage too, but only if my neck is in a comfortable position on those head basins lol

daisychain said...

I don't like anything about getting my hair cut! I avoid it as much as I can lol.

Abbie said...

Thanks guys! Once I wash it and style it as I like I think I will like my new hair a lot more...

There's nothing worse that having bad experiences at the hairdressers, because there are so many ways for it to go wrong for you to then have to pay money for it and live with it until your hair grows!

Unknown said...

Hi Abbie, How are you?
Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :) The haircut looks great on you. I must say, I used to be really scared getting a haircut when I was little. I don't remember why though. Strange. Have a great day.

Abbie said...

You're very welcome! That Grasshopper Pie looked delicious! It's funny the things we are scared of as children. I hated the dentist (but I reckon that's a pretty well founded fear!) xx

sallyannie☆ said...

Oh! Cute hairstyle :) I'm super scared of visiting the hairdresser! I just feel so nervous and am not used to telling people what to do but am also scared of having my hair ruined!

Unknown said...

Your hair looks nice like that too. At least now you know what it looks like that too now.