Tuesday 28 September 2010

The Alphabet of Abbie - D is for... Dresses!


...DRESSES

One thing that makes me very happy is a pretty dress. There was a time (not too long ago!) when I didn't own a single dress, I didn't know what would suit my body shape and didn't feel like I was "girly" enough to wear dresses. But after going shopping with my older sister who encouraged me to try on things that I would otherwise have walked right past, a whole new world of clothing was opened up to me. So thank you Jenny! She is The Style PA after all :)

In recent years my dress collection has grown quite a lot, I have an entire wardrobe dedicated exclusively to housing my many dresses and I'm at my happiest when wearing a pretty dress. Even when the weather is rubbish, I pull on a knitted dress and it puts me in a good mood for the day. One shop that I can always rely on to have a myriad of gorgeous dresses is JOY! My friend works in the Leeds store and whenever I go into it I fall in love with every dress in sight! So here are some of my favourite JOY! dresses currently on their website...







4 comments:

Nic's Notebook said...

I never have the confidence to wear dresses unfort but these all look gorgeous! I have never heard of Joy - going for a look on their website now!

Abbie said...

I never had the confidence to wear dresses a few years ago. But I urge you to go out shopping, and try on a wide range of dress styles, even ones that you think wouldn't suit you and you will find something that looks lovely without a doubt. With a bit of perserverance and patience There is a dress for everyone!

Unknown said...

Likewise - a few years ago my wardrobe was dress devoid - now it's rammed with the things! (btw - didn't realise you and style pa were relaed - it's a small blogging world! My sister, on the other hand asked me a few days ago, 'what is this bloggy thing you're doing all about then' and looked confised when I explained. Wouldn't swap her mind you!)

Abbie said...

Hehe! Brilliant! Yep, we are indeed related, we have very different styles and are very different in many ways but also very similar in others :)