Thursday 20 May 2010

Rose & Co - Vintage boutique treats in Leeds

Last year I wrote a guest blog for The Style PA about this delightful shop, Rose & Co. It is quite possibly my favourite shop in Leeds so I thought it only right to write a little post on my blog about it too. The next time you visit Leeds to buy a few vintage and quirky treats, be sure to head down to the County Arcade off of the Victoria Quarter. There you will find Rose & Co, a beautiful little shop that sells equally beautiful things. The upstairs level is a gorgeous Victorian styled apothecary shop that sells a wide variety of beautifying products and cute gifts. They sell some lovely handmade and hand wrapped soaps, balms, candles, lotions and potions, all packaged in traditional tins, jars and French glass bottles. I have bought several wonderful lip balms from the shop, each with polka dot pin-up style packaging, (which I must confess did sway my decision to buy them!) and the rose tinted gloss-balm that I got was a particular favourite of mine. It made my lips feel great!

By far the best part about this, arguably already great, shop is what you find when you go downstairs! They stock vintage revival dresses and lingerie. The dresses range from £30-100, they stock sizes 8-24, and have dresses of styles inspired by 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's original designs. I have tried on quite a few of their beautiful polka dot, halter neck, 50's styled dresses and have officially fallen in love with them! So I suggest, if you are in the area, and like a vintage treat, get yourself to Rose & Co now!

Cute pinafore style dress - love the buttons and slouchy pockets!

One of their stunning halter neck 50's style dresses!

They also sell some cute ad quirky home-ware and gifts. I want this polka dot picnic set! Perfect for the sunny summer days ahead!

One of the shop's Christmas displays - I know it's the wrong time of the year for it, but it is just so pretty!

No comments: