Friday 31 December 2010

Happy New Year - What I'm Looking Forward to in 2011

There are four things I'm looking forward to most in 2011

Number One: Final Teaching Placement
I have had a couple of weeks "preparation" time before Christmas to get ready for my final teaching placement... and now it's time for the hard bit to begin! I start teaching on Tuesday and the little reception class I've been working in is completely mine for two months... something that I'm totally excited and ready for, but also just a tad nervous about!

Number Two: The Gambia
In the summer I'm going to be going out to The Gambia to teach in a deprived area of the country and to help transform the school's classrooms. I will be painting the learning resources on the walls so that the children can learn despite the lack of money and books. I've got to do quite a bit of fundraising before I can go though... I need to raise £1000 to get myself out there, buy the paint and materials and donate to the charity (F.R.O.G.S - Friends of Gambian schools). I'm excited about broadening my horizons, experiencing a culture that is greatly different to my own and giving a little something back too.

Number Three: Graduating!
After what seems like three long years, I'm finally in my fourth and final year of university... with a few new and wonderful friends, some more life experience, stress, laughter, shopping, not to mention considerable debt, I am so excited about graduating. Fingers crossed I'll keep it all on track, (hopefully) I'll get a first, and come out of my final teaching placement with good grades. Which brings me to the next thing I'm looking forward to in 2011.......

Number Four: Getting My First Teaching Post
It's all starting to feel very real, very exciting... and very scary! I'm so very excited about getting my first job in teaching. I can't wait to have my very own class and get paid for doing something that I love. However, before all that can start, I've got to actually get a job first! Which means lots of application forms and, hopefully, interviews... eek... But it will all be worth it!

What are you looking forward to most in 2011????

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Weekend escapes mainly. I need to travel more :)

daisychain said...

Wow you have a big year ahead! For me I'm most looking forward to starting work again!

Oh, My Darling said...

Ooh, what a great list of things to look forward to in 2011! I'm looking forward to the next step in my career/education, plus lots of fun and adventures in my personal life!