Thursday 18 March 2010

Coconut Cupcakes!

I've been really busy in the Kitchen today, not only have I made Chocolate, Cherry and Coconut Cookies, but I have made Coconut Cupcakes too! So here is the recipe:

Ingredients

4 ounces of self-raising flour

4 ounces of butter

4 ounces of caster sugar

2 large eggs

2 ounces of dessicated coconut

Method

1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 or the equivalent.

2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until it is a smooth mixture.

3. Gradually add the egg, whilst mixing the ingredients together.

4. Next, sieve in the flour and add the coconut.

5. Transfer the mixture into cake cases, putting a generous dollop of cake mix in each case.

6. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes until golden in colour.

7. Leave to cool on a wire cooling rack. If you are icing the cakes make sure that they have totally cooled first, especially if using butter icing, or the icing will not set properly.


I was even good enough to make my boyfriend a cup of tea to enjoy my freshly baked goodies with!


No comments: