Sunday 24 October 2010

Fundraising for Gambia - Sponsored Spooky Sleepover in "Haunted" Caves

Firstly, I am fundraising for a charity called F.R.O.G.S (Friends of Gambian Schools). I will be going out to The Gambia in June to help transform their classrooms into vibrant learning environments. The school cannot afford to buy books for the children and so I, along with 29 other Primary Ed students at Leeds Trinity University, will be going out to The Gambia and painting their classrooms inside and out. But not just a white-wash, we will be painting their curriculum and learning resources onto the walls e.g. number squares, phonetic alphabet etc. Below is the hard work from previous years' students...

Before...

...After

Fundraising efforts No.1 - Spooky Sleepover in The Caves!

So... In order for me to raise the £1000 one of the things I will be doing is doing a Sponsored Spooky Sleepover in my local Caves and tourist attraction (Smugglers Adventure) in St.Clements caves. We will be watching a few scary films in the video theatre and then sleep in the "Chapel" cavern (supposedly the most haunted part of the caves!)...

Here's where you come in! If you'd like to sponsor me to complete my challenge of sleeping overnight underground in the spooky caves then please visit my online sponsorship form here. all you have to do is fill it in and pledge your amount and I will collect the money after I have completed my challenge... remember every penny counts and even the smallest amount can make a huge difference! Anything that you give will be greatly appreciated and will get me a step closer to making a difference in the Gambian School and will help a great cause for a hard-working charity that strives to improve the lives of many children.

The mysterious carving in the "Chapel"

Oh, and did I mention, we will be sharing the caves with these delightful European Cave Spiders for that added element of challenge!

3 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

Oh I just couldnt do it....I am so so scared of the dark!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Oooh I don't think I could manage an hour in those caves!!

Victoria xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, now that's a cool adventure and for such a good cause! We would be happy to promote this if you submit a toemail to our site. Check us out at http://toemailers.blogspot.com